Quince and Cranberry Jelly
1 ½ lbs Quinces
1 lb Cranberries
3 lbs Sugar
½ Bottle Certo
1. Use only fully ripe fruit.
2. To prepare juice, remove cores, blossom and stem ends from quinces.
3. Do not peel, but chop finely.
4. Add cranberries and one quart water.
5. Bring to the boil.
6. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
7. Place in a jelly cloth or bag and squeeze out the juice.
8. Measure sugar and 2 ¼ lbs juice into a large saucepan and mix.
9. Bring to a full rolling boil, boil hard for 30 seconds.
11. Remove from heat and pot and cover in the usual way.