Pineapple and Grapefruit Marmalade
2 Large Grapefruits
¾ pint Water
4 lbs Sugar
1 can Crushed Pineapple (approx. 1 ¼ lbs)
1/8 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 bottle Certo
1. Wash the fruit and remove the skins in quarters.
2. Shave off and discard the thick white part.
3. Slice rind very thinly with a sharp knife, and place in a preserving pan
with the water and bicarbonate of soda.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes stirring
5. Cut up the peeled fruit, discarding the pips and coarse tissue.
6. Add the juice, pulp and the can of crushed pineapple and simmer,
covered for 15 minutes.
7. Add sugar, stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
8. Bring to the boil and boil hard for 3 minutes.
9. Remove from the heat and stir in the Certo.
10. Bring to the boil and boil for 1 minute.
11. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
12. Pot and cover in the usual way.