Microwave Lemon and Ginger Preserve
Makes 4 lbs
1 oz Root Ginger, Bruised
4 oz Crystallised Ginger
1 lb 10 oz Sugar
1 Bottle Certo
1. Peel the lemons thinly and finely shred, discarding the white pith.
Segment the flesh from the membranous tissues and add to the finely
2. Cook on FULL POWER for 15 minutes or until peel is softened.
3. Add the sugar, bruised fresh ginger and chopped crystallised ginger to
the fruit. Stir well.
4. Cook on FULL POWER for 8 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in the Certo, leave to cool for 10 minutes. Pot and cover in the
N.B. Times will vary according to the power of the microwave oven used.
We used a 700 watt output microwave oven. Increase or decrease the
times slightly to suit your model.