6 Oranges - approx. ¾ pint juice
1 Large Lemon
2 lbs 10 oz Sugar
1 Bottle Certo
1. Wash the oranges and the lemon, cut in halves and extract the juice.
2. Cover the orange peel with water.
3. Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the liquid and add sufficient to the fruit juices to make 1 pint in
5. Place in a heavy saucepan with the sugar and stir over a low heat until
the sugar has dissolved.
6. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the Certo.
8. Bring to a full rolling boil again and boil for half a minute. Skim if
necessary. Pot and cover in the usual way.