Dried Apricot Jam
½ lb. Dried Apricots
1 ½ pints Water
3 tbsp Lemon Juice
3 lb. Sugar
1 Bottle Certo
1. Wash the fruit and leave to soak for at least 4 hours in the 1 ½
pints of water.
2. Simmer in a covered pan for about 30 minutes to break up the fruit.
3. Measure into a pan 1 ½ pints prepared fruit pulp, making up the
amount with water if necessary.
4. Add the lemon juice and sugar, heat gently, stirring occasionally, until
the sugar has dissolved.
5. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute stirring
6. Remove from heat and stir in the Certo, skim if necessary.
7. Pot and cover in the usual way.