Apple and Rhubarb Jam
3 lbs Cooking Apples
1 lb Rhubarb
¼ pint Water
5 lbs Sugar
1 Bottle Certo
1. Peel and core the apples, cut into small pieces, and cook in a
saucepan with the water.
2. Wash the rhubarb and slice finely but do not peel.
3. Measure 2 lbs prepared apples and juice into a preserving pan, add
the sugar and rhubarb, mix well.
4. Heat slowly, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat, stir in the Certo.
7. Skim, pot and cover in the usual way.