Apple & Blackberry Jam
2 lbs Prepared Apples
1 - 1 ½ lbs Blackberries
5 lbs Sugar
1 Bottle Certo
1. Core and Peel about 3 lbs Apples, cut into small pieces and put into
large preserving pan with ¼ pt of water.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Crush blackberries thoroughly and put into another pan with 4
4. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Place in jelly cloth and allow the juice to drain. Measure and add
water if necessary to make 1 pint.
6. Add to apple pulp with sugar and lemon juice.
7. Heat slowly until the sugar has dissolved, stirring continually.
8. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil for 2 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and stir in the Certo. Pot quickly and cover in the